the men all pause ~ klymaxx
cuz i’m like, somebody slap me
no, somebody slap me
cuz i know i’m lookin’ good
i’m giving attitude all over the room
people are starin’ at me
i just, i just look too good for these people
d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-don’t you know the men all pause
(yeah, just look at them)
#15 & 16
(this is too funny, though!)
"There’s a new Power Girl on Prime Earth — a black teenager named Tanya Spears, who’s one of the ‘most intelligent 17-year-olds on the planet.’ She’s the daughter of Karen’s assistant, Somya, who was killed several issues ago.
And according to our interview with Levitz, she’s a character that DC wanted Levitz to create — and the editors have 'specific plans' for her.”
I don’t trust Paul Levitz or DC Comics to do any justice to this idea of a 17-year-old black girl who is the most intelligent teenager on the planet and one of the strongest heroes around. I can totally see them relying on stereotypes and putting her in situations that minimize or degrade her blackness and girlhood. So we’ll have to watch them closely on this.
But the idea itself has me squeeing like I’m 13 years old again!
Curran by Jan.C Photography © 2014
- white man: hi
- me: hi
- white man: nice pics! where are you from?
- me: why do you ask?
- white man: nice TAN, haha!
- me: dude, come on, there are people here who have my 'tan' who are actually born here
- white man: haha! yes i know, but that's not what i meant
- me: that's...kinda what it sounded like. so what DID you mean so this can stop being awkward?
- white man: just interested what your origin is
- me: again, awkward...
- (and recently i just read ferguson-related posts by europeans saying u.s. americans always make things about race...)
- (and two days ago, another white guy asked me the same question and i asked him what he meant. he said it was because i spoke english but then i reminded him that he started chatting with me first using english. he asked me why i made a fuss about it and i told him that when i get that question, it's usually because of my skin color. he blocked me.)
baby, i can’t please you ~ sam phillips
love & kisses ~ sam phillips
i need love ~ sam phillips
Neanderthals, Humans had ‘Ample Time’ to Mix
Humans and Neanderthals may have coexisted in Europe for more than 5,000 years, providing ample time for the two species to meet and mix, according to new research.
Using new carbon dating techniques and mathematical models, researchers examined about 200 samples found at 40 sites from Spain to Russia, according to a study published in the journal Nature. They concluded with a high probability that pockets of Neanderthal culture survived until between 41,030 and 39,260 years ago.
Read more: http://www.laboratoryequipment.com/news/2014/08/neanderthals-humans-had-ample-time-mix
William Shakespeare’s Timon Athens performed by the Los Angeles Drama Club / Shakespeare in the City. These are mostly underprivileged kids from an underfunded and underserved who have been given an opportunity to break out of their hard situations.
Check out LADC at
I was moved seeing these young children performing Shakespeare with such animation, enthusiasm, and skill.